Whip it up
Christmas Brunch Recipes For The Family
Not quite breakfast, not quite lunch— but we love brunch, especially Christmas brunch all the same. We guarantee your family will love these sweet and simple recipes. Check ‘em out!
It’s the season of giving and sharing, which means you’ve probably started thinking about all the delicious meals you want to cook for your family and friends. While some families want to welcome the season with a big dinner, others may prefer to celebrate it with a simple brunch. If you’re looking for delicious brunch recipes to prepare for the fam bam, check these out:
Crab and Corn Paella
Makes 4-5 servings
If you’re looking for a recipe to impress your family, this bowl of crab and corn paella is the perfect dish! We love that the corn complements the crab with its sweet taste!
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cup Chopped white onions
2 Red bell peppers, cored and diced
2 Tbsps Minced garlic
1 bottle Cooked taba ng talangka (cooked in olive oil, garlic and vinegar)
2 cups Uncooked dinorado rice
5 cups Homemade shrimp stock
½ tsp Crushed saffron threads
1/d tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup San Miguel Pale Pilsen beer
¾ kilo Cooked crab meat
1 10 (oz) Frozen green peas pack
1 can Whole corn kernels, drained
1 Tbsp Minced-flat leaf parsley leaves
2 Lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large paellera. Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bell peppers and cook over medium heat for five more minutes. Lower the heat, add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.
- Stir in the rice, shrimp stock, saffron, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper then bring to a boil. Cover the paellera and place it in a preheated 350F oven. After 15 minutes, stir the rice gently with a wooden spoon and add the taba ng talangka. Return paellera to the oven to bake uncovered, for 10-15 more minutes, until the rice is fully cooked. Add more shrimp stock in case the paella looks dry.
- Transfer the paella back to the stove top and add the beer. Cook the paella over medium heat for a minute until the beer is absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off the heat then add the cooked crab meat and green peas then stir gently. Cover the paella and allow it to steam for 10 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve hot.
Tomato, Green Bean and Pasta Salad
A healthy brunch side that tastes like heaven — what’s not to love? Pasta and salad in one!
Makes 5-6 servings
2 cups Cherry tomatoes
2 cups Pasta spirals, cooked al dente
1 ⅔ French beans, trimmed
2-3 Tbsps Grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup Chopped toasted walnuts or 2 Tbsps pine nuts
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsps Red cane or apple cider vinegar
¼ Extra virgin coconut oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 bunch Fresh mint leaves, chopped
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Ground black pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or keep them whole. Combine tomatoes with pasta then chill in the refrigerator.
- Blanch the green beans in lightly salted boiling water. Prepare a bowl with ice and water. Scoop out beans and shock in iced water to stop cooking and to preserve its bright green color. Drain well and transfer to the bowl together with the pasta and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small mixing bowl, combine Dijon mustard and vinegar. Whisk to combine and slowly add olive oil. Toss in garlic and chopped mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette into the pasta mixture. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese cheese and chopped walnuts.
Cheesy Baked Salmon
Here’s an easy peasy baked salmon recipe. All you need is a piece of salmon fillet, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. The best part? This dish can be ready in just 20 minutes!
1 ½ kilos Salmon fillet
Salt and ground white pepper, to season
1 ½ Mayonnaise
¼ cup Chopped fresh dill
¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsps Lemon juice
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillet on a clean chopping board. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, chopped dill, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Season with salt and ground white pepper. Mix well.
- Spread about two tablespoons of dill mayo mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. Then place salmon fillet on top.
- Spread dill mayo generously all over the top and sides of the fish.
- Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 375 oven or until golden in color.
Enjoy making these Christmas brunch recipes for the family! Happy Holidays!
Photos and recipes from Appetite by One Mega Group