When Coffee is Love; Coffee is Life
We love our bread. We love our butter. But most of all, WE LOVE OUR COFFEE!
We all need coffee. Whether it’s working from home properly or wrangling the kids into submission, our days must always start with that one cup. It doesn’t matter how it’s made — be it black or loaded with milk — coffee is coffee. Since we’re not getting any younger and the kids are getting stronger by the day, we need our dose of the lovely black liquid to make sure we keep up with them and manage our work. So, if you’re running out of coffee, check out the places we have here to make sure you’re never out:
1. Type A
Who said you can’t drink coffee on a hot day? Drink it as a cold brew instead! Type A specializes in creating cold brew from their single-origin Panama beans. The beans have a smooth but sweet flavor and if made into a Cold Brew, give a soft, fruity undertone that you can’t find if made hot. They often serve their Cold Brews in glass bottles and even sell refills should you ever run out!
Type A currently has a pickup spot in Shared Space at Sheridan, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila.
2. SGD Coffee
SGD Coffee serves coffee brewed only from beans grown in Sagada, Mountain Province. If ever you order their hot meals, make sure you order them with their SGD Black. It’s smooth with slightly bitter undertones that can pair up so well with their Bugnay Jam Yogurt! They also sell the beans if you have a grinder at home but if you’re not in the mood to make it yourself, just order from SGD through Grab Food or Food Panda.
- 45 Maalalahanin, Diliman, Lungsod Quezon, 1101 Kalakhang Maynila
- Ground Floor 53 Connecticut Street Fox Square Buidling, San Juan, 1503 Metro Manila
- 350, 1000 Antonio Villegas St, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
3. But First, Coffee
But First, Coffee offers serves their creations in two ways: one has an espresso shot and the other one is via a drip-style. They use Arabica beans, giving all their drinks a mellow taste that can work well with any of their creations. For those who have a sweet tooth, might we suggest the Spanish Latte? With a small layer of sweet condensed milk at the bottom topped with some milk and a shot of espresso, one sip will have you moving faster than the Energizer Bunny.
But First, Coffee Branches
- G33 Makati Executive Tower, 1 Dela Rosa Street, Makati, 1230 Metro Manila
- 48, 1101 Malingap, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- 51, 1720 Aguirre Ave, Parañaque, Metro Manila
- Blk 22 Lot 23 Everlasting St, Bacoor, 4102 Cavite
- Imus, Cavite
4. Banh Mi Kitchen
You probably know Banh Mi Kitchen for their sandwiches. But they have their Damn Strong! Viet Coffee, which can probably resurrect the dead. They usually prepare it with a small bed of condensed milk before dripping the coffee inside. The best part is, you can enjoy it either hot or iced! We also suggest enjoying that drink with their sandwiches like the Samgyupsal Kimchi for the ultimate experience.
Banh Mi Kitchen Branches
- Fisher Mall, 42 Gen Lim St, Quezon City, 1104 Metro Manila
- F Building A, SM Megamall,, 202 Ortigas, Project 4, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila
- 350 Pedro Gil St, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
- 3rd Floor, Makati Medical Center Tower 1, Amorsolo Rd, Makati
- Greenbelt 1, Paseo de Roxas, Makati, Metro Manila
- Bonifacio Stopover, G/F, 31st Street, Taguig, Metro Manila
- Lucky Chinatown Mall, 5th, Lachambre St, Binondo, Manila, Metro Manila
- 8101 Pearl Dr, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila
- 3rd Floor, Food Choices Glorietta 4, 1224 Courtyard Dr, Ayala Center, Makati, Metro Manila
- The Block, 4th floor SM North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- F Building A, SM Megamall,, 202 Ortigas, Project 4, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila
- 3rd Floor Santolan Town Plaza, 276 Col. Bonny Serrano Ave, San Juan, Metro Manila
- G/F SM Supercenter Pasig, Frontera Verde, Bgy. Ortigas, Pasig, Metro Manila
5. Bag of Beans
Bag of Beans may take a bit of traveling and trekking since it’s in Tagaytay but it’s all worth it especially after you try their flavored beans. And for those who believe that their blood is 90% of the stuff, you can get your transfusions here because their coffees are bottomless — both their Barako (for that extra punch) and House-blend. And if you can’t have enough of it, they sell their flavored beans. For souvenirs, we suggest getting the Vanilla Flavored for a light, milky fragrance, and Hazelnut if you want something a little nutty.
Bag of Beans Branches
- Ground Floor, Robinsons Summit Ridge, Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Tagaytay, Cavite
- 115 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West, Silang Junction South, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
- Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Tagaytay, Cavite
- 150 Emilio Aguinaldo Hwy, Tagaytay, Cavite
- Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Kaybagal South, Tagaytay, Cavite
- Robinsons Tagaytay
- Twin Lakes, Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Laurel, Batangas
6. Mountain Bean Coffee
Mountain Bean Coffee is a small stall in Pampanga that helps coffee farmers from the Cordillera Region sell their wares. They sell different beans and grinds. If you’re a person who relishes preparing your own coffee, Mountain Bean Coffee sells them at wholesale price. Before you order, make sure you have enough space in your pantry so you can buy as much as you need.
Mountain Bean Coffee is along 6 Jacinto St, Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga.
7. 7-11 Convenience Store
7-11 has wonderful coffee especially since it’s just for PHP20.00 for their biggest size. Their Americano is good and you have all the ingredients in the store. You want a Latté? Grab a tetra pack of milk from the chiller, grab a glass, and pay for the coffee before mixing it up. 7-11 is for those who are truly desperate but don’t have the equipment or the energy to make it. And since they’re 24/7 and nationwide, you can get their coffee anytime, anywhere.
8. Clara Ria Gracia
Clara Ria Gracia, otherwise known as gracee26, is a user in Shoppee that delivers coffee beans or grinds to your doorstep. All her coffee beans and grinds come from Baguio and she has a variety of flavors. She has kid-friendly flavors like the Cookies and Cream flavor but we really love her Dark Sagada Roast for its intense yet smooth flavor. If you already have a coffee station in your home, her beans are the perfect addition to it.
You can order her coffee from here: https://shopee.ph/gracee26.
9. Scout’s Honor
Nothing tastes better than a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie to eat with your freshly brewed coffee. Scout’s Honor has a cafe in Vertis North and allows their customers to customize their cookies! But you can’t enjoy their cookie without having one of their Houseblend Coffee. Their Houseblend is bottomless and wakes you up with slight notes of acidity. We suggest enjoying their cookie with either their Americano or the Espresso so you don’t get overwhelmed by the sweetness of their cookie.
Scout’s Honor’s Branches
- 4th Level, 4th Level, Hole In The Wall, Century City Mall Kalayaan Ave. cor. Salamanca St., Brgy. Poblacion, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Unit# R1 – L1 – 025 – 026, North Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
10. Café Breton
While people know Café Breton more for their crepes, they have pretty good creations too. They also have a unique coffee creation known as the Macchiato ala Nutella. By introducing hints of roasted nutty chocolate goodness to a bittersweet liquid, they’ve created something the ultimate gateway coffee drink. They also have a variety of Ice-Blended creations and would recommend you try their Raisins in Rum Ice Blend – a blend of metallic sweetness from the rum with light bitter notes from the coffee.
Café Breton Branches
- Sct. De Guia St, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- 1810 Ma. Orosa Street, City of Manila, Metro Manila
- G/F, Greenbelt 3, Esperanza Street, Makati City 1226 Metro Manila
- Maga Centre, Paseo De Magallanes, 19, President Sergio Osmeña Highway, Magallanes Village, Makati City 1232 Metro Manila
- G/F, The Cliff House, Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Rotonda, Tagaytay City 4120 Cavite
- The Zones, Westgate Center, Commerce Avenue Corner Filinvest Avenue, Filinvest Corporate City, Muntinlupa City 1781 Metro Manila
- G/F, UP Ayala Land Technohub, Commonwealth Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1104 Metro Manila
- G/F, Robinsons Place Manila, Padre Faura corner M. Adriatico Streets, Ermita, City of Manila, Metro Manila
- The Hub, Greenfield District, Mayflower corner United Streets, Mandaluyong City 1550 Metro Manila
- G/F, Paseo 2, Paseo de Santa Rosa, Sta. Rosa – Tagaytay Road corner Laguna Boulevard, Greenfield City, Santa Rosa City 4026 Laguna
Coffee is essential!
If anyone dared to say coffee is a non-essential, we’d probably chase them out of town! Especially now during the pandemic, when everything is so stressful, you’ll need your coffee to keep at least one part of your routine for self-care. One cup a day keeps the fatigue away, as we always say. Just make sure you don’t overdo it like some of us. It can get your heart rate climbing. Oh, and have a nearby bed after. You’ll need it for the caffeine crash.